How To Recognize a Psychopath
By: Julie Michelle Smith
Do you think your neighbor, boss or boyfriend shows psychopathic behavior? Are you afraid things might get out of hand?
With the help of Canadian forensic psychiatrist Dr. Hare's book "Without Conscience" (www.hare.org), we've compiled a list of twenty characteristics of a psychopath.
The twenty characteristics of a psychopath:
- He has superficial charm: he is a smooth talker and very charming.
- He is self-centered and thinks he is way more important than others, even if in reality he isn't.
- He has a need for stimulation and is prone to boredom.
- His behavior is deceptive: he lies and cheats without difficulty. He doesn't mind being caught.
- He manipulates others for personal gain.
- He shows little remorse or guilt. Sometimes he'll say he's sorry, just so others will stop bugging him.
- His emotional response is shallow.
- He is callous with a lack of empathy. He feels no pity.
- He lives off others or has a predatory attitude.
- He has poor self-control.
- He is promiscuous.
- He had behavioral problems at an early age already.
- He lacks the ability to set realistic long term goals.
- He has an impulsive lifestyle. He is a risk-taker.
- He behaves irresponsibly.
- He always blames others for his behavior.
- He can only commit to short term relationships.
- He's been in jail before the age of 18.
- He breaks parole or probation.
- His criminal activities are varied.
And a final note: trust your instincts! Research has shown that 77% percent of care workers have a physical reaction when talking to a psychopath: they get goosebumps or start shivering. These primitive responses are tools of your survival instinct: your body warns you for a potentially dangerous situation.
Top 10 Must-Have Firefox 3 Add-Ons
By: Julie Michelle Smith
1PLs Company (www.1Payday.Loans) is a free online platform where any US resident can find a profitable loan offer: payday loans up to $1,000, installment loans up to $5,000 or personal loans up to $35,000. The borrower can apply online or find direct lenders (addresses and phone numbers) located nearby.
How To Become A Zen Master (While Doing Household Chores)
By: Donna Smith Introduce a little zen into your housekeeping.
Celebrity Plastic Surgery Gone Wrong
By: Julie Michelle Smith Aging gracefully just isn't an option for most celebs.
Seven Things Your Name Reveals About You
By: Shannon S. Your name is not as random as you may think it is.
Eight Gadgets That Help You Lose Weight
By: Robert P. Make working out a little more fun by using gadgets.
Oh No, Same Dress!
By: Vicky S. See who wore the same outfit on the red carpet.
Do you want to advertise your website, product or service through www.ReadTheSmiths.com? That's certainly possible!
We work together with a few of the largest ad networks worldwide. Geo-targeted advertising is supported.
If you want us to make you a custom advertising offer, contact us at email@example.com!
If you'd like to share your article with the visitors of www.ReadTheSmiths.com, we invite you to send us an email with your submission. We'd love to publish it!
You can also write us if you have a suggestion or general feedback. We look forward to hearing from you!